Ephesians 6:4….but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Praise a lot. The child that is praised as well as corrected consistently can tell the difference between right and wrong. Romans 13:7
- Play a lot. While we as adults must be firm, life has many problems and they need to see us work and play, laugh and be serious, taking enough personal interest to play their games with them. Prov.17:22
- Pray a lot. We need God’s help. Talk to Him much about them. James 1:5
- Teach a lot. Eph. 6:4: admonition= putting into the mind; building inner convictions.
- Cause and effect a lot (for correction). This is the most natural way of learning that actions have results. Gal. 6:7
- When you do spank, do it. Lovingly, slowly, prayerfully, and thoroughly so you do not do it often.
- Love a lot.
What kind of atmosphere do you have in your home?
The NT instruction to parents is found in three primary passages:
Ephesians 6:4/Colossians 3:21/I Timothy 3:4
Listen, Listen, Listen.. James 1:19….let every man be swift to hear,
slow to speak, slow to wrath.
Do you demonstrate love in your home? Is your home an enjoyable
place to be?